Worksafe BC has published guidelines for Construction employers and at Formwest we take this work seriously.
We thought we would summarize the key points to help you understand what we are doing to help eradicate COVID.
- Listen to the guidance provided provincial health officers and BCCDC.
- Maintain at least 2m of distance whenever possible by revising work schedules, organizing work tasks, limiting occupancy and staggering breaks.
- Wear a face covering when physical distancing is difficult.
- If they have any symptoms of COVID they must self-isolate for 10 days. Symptoms include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and new muscle aches or headache.
- If traveling outside Canada or have confirmed contact (provincial health will contact you) with a COVID-19 case, self isolate for 14 days.
- Limit gatherings to less than 50 people, reduce in-person meetings and hold on-site meetings in open spaces outside.
- Provide adequate hand-washing facilities on site. Locations must be visible and easily accessed.
- Provide and maintain adequate washroom facilities (Regulation 4.85).
- Regularly clean all common areas and high touch surfaces.
- Communicate policies through training, signage and site orientation.