Formwest Contractors is looking to on-board experienced Skilled Carpenters and Skilled Labourers to support our commercial projects in Vancouver and on the North Shore.
Successful candidates will work closely with the Site Supervisor to support daily on-site activities and complete on-site tasks as required.
The ideal candidate is hard working, self-motivated, can take direction well and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving, prioritizing workloads, and communication. Some of the criteria we’re looking for in the ideal candidate are:
- Ability to work safely at all times, ensuring a clean and safe worksite is created and maintained.
- Ability to measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of lightweight steel studs drywall, wood, wood substitutes, and other materials.
- Ability to perform general handyman duties.
- Ability to work independently with direction.
- Ability to read and interpret building and design plans.
- Possesses good understanding of the construction process
- Familiarity with the trade and building inspection process.
- Familiarity with BCBC.
- Ability to perform physical work for an 8-hour shift.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Possesses strong attention to detail.
- Possesses excellent communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Is willing to travel to different sites.
- Ability to load, unload, and move materials and tools to the site.
- Ability to maintain clean work areas and equipment regularly.
- Possesses a reliable vehicle and basic tools.
WE WANT TO WORK WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE:
- Dedicated to working safely and professionally.
- Skilled and talented and proud of their work.
- Proactive problem solvers who act with urgency.
- Direct communicators who take initiative.
- Interested in taking on increasingly important roles.
- Positive, team players.
- Accountable to themselves and others.
- Reliable, consistent and who desire long term employment.
- Commitment to safety, always.
- 3+ years demonstrable experience in skilled labour and carpentry.
- *Red Seal endorsement is considered an asset.
- The position is physically demanding and requires bending, crouching, kneeling, handling heavy loads, and good hand-eye coordination as well as a combination of standing and walking.
- Ability to work at heights, and in noisy places.
- Valid BC Driver’s licence.
- Reliable motor vehicle transportation.
We welcome all applicants who feel they meet the above minimum criteria. Please forward your information, resume and cover letter directly to us.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org